Today, businesses have moved to e-commerce platforms, at the same time the percentage of data breaches are increasing rapidly. Digital assets like website contents, blogs, v-log, and social media should be safeguarded with more safety tools not only for protecting digital data but it will attract new customers into the business. Whether it is a small or large business, education or industrial sector, healthcare or IT surge movements towards cloud and numbers of digital tools, as well as the increased demand of information, hackers also developed various ways and modes to attack sensitive information.
Companies are responsible to operate business via virtual platforms due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The increase of remote working leads to high risks of protecting digital data.
Laptops and other communication devices have become preeminent now. Companies should opt for various ways to protect digital data and awareness of employees, which also plays a major role in protecting digital data from threats.
There will be multiple errors that we cannot see that criminals use to attack web applications and digital data. Recent data breaches indicate more safety and cautiousness is needed to protect digital data in the virtual business world.
Personal and business information is at risk, as advances in technology have made the communication and sharing of data easier. Data breach also cost companies financially.
Online payment portals give chances to data exposure and accessing personal social media accounts via official devices. This has also raised the chances of losing personal data along with company information as hackers always pursue big data. External cyber attack is increasing mainly due to a high trust factor for technology but the majority of data breaches are caused by negligence or ignorance of people. An advanced data security system should be developed and followed to avoid critical data breaches.
Governments have enacted multiple laws and policies to protect personal and business data across the world. Center for Internet Security (CIS) gives various measures and recommendations for internet security:
- Fix code-based vulnerabilities in web applications to avoid a data breach.
- Make sure the system configuration is implemented correctly.
- Enable security measures to protect email and web browsers.
- Limitation and control of network services and ports to limit access and enhance protection.
- Protection for network monitoring, proxies, and multifactor authentication are matters.
- Data encryption limiting the leakage of sensitive data from unauthorized cloud servers, and emails..
- Enable additional protection for user accounts across the organization to protect digital data from being attacked.
- Provide various training programs to make users aware of data security threats, cyber-attacks, and accidental data breaches.
Digital data security in the education sector
Assuring digital data security is the legal responsibility of schools, colleges, and universities to keep the pupil’s data safe.
Institutions should follow certain practices to safeguard pupil’s information and give priority to protect their interests. Photographs, names, addresses, signatures, social media identifications, third party interactions on children’s data should be controlled and protected well. Educational institutions should be pupil-centered and follow some guidelines to fulfill this responsibility efficiently:
- Create a safe and secure virtual environment for students and teachers.
- Enable all data security systems while taking online sessions.
- Give priority to the safest web applications rather than simple or cheap.
- Awareness and training programs for staff and students regarding online data security and data breaches. Data security measures and policies are updated.
- Promote ‘staying safe online’ tagline.
- Create an open atmosphere where students and staff can easily connect with each other and confidently approach the right person to share their concerns or problems.
Additional security measures that educational institutions can take are as follows:
- Set up a trained online data safeguarding team exclusively for pupil’s digital data protection and solving related issues.
- Impose efficient web filters to control web-based threats.
- Teach data safety measures to staff and pupils thoroughly.
- Personal devices should be protected and installed anti-malware to protect digital data from spyware, adware, and worms.
- Observe and review online safety measures up-to-date.
- Assign students protection responsibilities and staff protection to various wings and monitor them.
The popularity of internet usage among young children is increasing, and the homeschooling pattern also made a rapid rise in internet usage which denotes correct guidance and navigation needed to avoid big data breaches and manipulations.
Dooth vault is a brand-new approach to data security in a completely integrated online platform for collaboration.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!